CEREC Same-Day Crowns
CEREC Same-Day Crowns in Huntersville, NC
At Kreeb Family Dentistry, we value the latest technology and methods. That’s why we offer CEREC® same-day crowns for accuracy and convenience. CEREC (CEramic REstoration) allows our doctors to design, create, and place your custom crown in just one appointment. Located in the Rosedale Commons Shopping Center in Huntersville, NC, our practice has been serving individuals and families in our community since 2001.
About Dental Crowns
A dental crown – or “cap” – is used to treat a decayed or damaged tooth. This restoration is designed to fit over the entire tooth structure, providing durability and strength. Crowns can also be used to:
- Conceal stained or discolored teeth for a brighter, more dazzling smile
- Restore dental implants
- Protect and reinforce root canal-treated teeth
Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Crowns
CEREC same-day crowns offer many advantages over traditional restorations. For example, with same-day crowns:
- Treatment can be completed in a single visit, saving you time and money.
- We can often preserve more of your natural tooth structure.
- You won’t have to endure messy, uncomfortable dental impressions.
- You will only need to be numbed once.
- No temporary restoration is necessary.
- We can help reduce the risk of temperature sensitivity.
- Only the highest-quality medical-grade ceramic is used.
- We can achieve optimal fit and comfort.
- Patients can enjoy truly lifelike results.
Receiving Your Same-Day Crown
The same-day crown treatment process can typically be completed in just a couple of hours at our practice. Here’s what patients can expect during their appointment:
- Anesthesia: To ensure your comfort during the procedure, local anesthesia is administered.
- Preparing the tooth: Your doctor carefully removes minute amounts of enamel to prepare your tooth for the crown.
- Digital impressions: After the tooth is prepped, digital impressions are taken with our CEREC handheld wand. This device captures thousands of images of your teeth, then stitches them together to create a 3-D representation of your dental anatomy.
- Designing the crown: The images are uploaded into our CEREC computer software program, where your dentist will design your new crown.
- Same-day crown fabrication: When the crown design is complete, the information is sent to our in-house milling machine. There, your crown is carved from a solid block of medical-grade ceramic.
- Crown placement: Lastly, your doctor will assess the shape, color, and fit of your new crown, then bond it into place using dental cement. Your bite is checked and any last-minute adjustments are made.
Maintaining Your CEREC Same-Day Crown
Once your new crown is placed, you’ll want to protect your investment. Fortunately, caring for a crown doesn’t require a lot outside of normal oral hygiene. To keep your crown looking and feeling great, we recommend that you:
- Brush at least twice a day, preferably after every meal.
- Use a soft-bristled brush and a non-abrasive toothpaste. Harsh products can scratch the ceramic.
- Clean between the teeth once a day, using regular floss, interproximal brushes, or dental picks. If you use dental floss, be sure to pull it gently through the space between the teeth when finished. Avoid “snapping” it up or down, as this can dislodge the crown.
- Consider using an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Maintain regular dental checkups and cleanings.
Contact Your Dentist in Huntersville, NC
If you need a dental crown, find out if you qualify for CEREC same-day restorations. To learn more, schedule a visit with your dentist in Huntersville, NC. You can contact Kreeb Family Dentistry online or call us at (704) 875-7200.